Unclaimed Parcels Policy
Return to Sender (Unclaimed parcels) Policy
Canada Post treats a parcel as a Return to Sender item when one or more of the following conditions exist and no one has opened the parcel:
- The item is refused or endorsed as moved or unknown (occupant)
- The item is unclaimed by the receiver
- The delivery address is incomplete or doesn’t exist
Once a parcel is returned to us, we will send you an email to inform you about they return providing you two options:
- To refund you the item returned, less the associated fees paid as listed below, or
- Charge you for the fees listed below plus the fees associated with re-shipping the parcel to your address
Canada Post along with all postal partners in the world tries to deliver all parcels. But, if they can’t complete delivery, they will return a parcel to the originating address on the shipping label. All associated “Return to Sender” shipping fees are paid by Yevshan upon receipt and will be deducted from the buyer upon refunding the items purchased plus a $5 service fee.
The postal fees charged by Canada Post are based on the greater of the actual weight or volumetric equivalent of actual weight.